Sunday, July 8, 2012

Random Speed Paints



As I continue to publish a bunch of back logged images, I wanted to take the chance to show you a few of my speed paints over the past couple years that I feel turned out successful in their own ways

Often times I try and mimic the chaos style of speed painting that I picked up while studying the videos of Craig Mullins. Blasting the canvas with colors and shapes and different brushes and then trying to look and try and see patterns or shapes. Very much like a Rorschach test on acid..

Speed painting to me is probably one of the best ways to learn, forcing yoruself to try new things and solve problems while under a strict time limit really force you to innovate and learn tools in interesting and unexected ways.

The results are hardly ever worthwhile, but sometimes you get struck my lightning and you would be surprised what constraints can get you to do.

More after the jump!

 
Bumskee Style environment - Ruined House

Siblings

Using the Smudge tool in new ways.

Mouse Drawing Perspective - Alleyway Up

Leventep Style - Winged Guardian Chained.
All of these were created without a specific goal in mind. I simply sprayed the canvas with color and tried to pull out shapes that told a story. The only Exception is "Alleyway Up" Which was more na exercise in perspective and using the mouse and transform tools.

Please enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment